Sunday, September 5, 2010

A Weekend in the Windy City



So it is crazy to think about, but I have been here for a week already, and it has just flown by. During the week I helped the program set up the apartments, as well as things like folders for orientation, etc and met everyone in the office along the way. I also got to start to figure out how to get around, taking all different color trains and numbered buses, and started to figure out what I am supposed to do. The city is amazing, I keep describing it to people as the perfect blend between Boston and New York, with it being a little bigger then Boston, but not as overwhelming as New York. The people here are super nice, and everything is great so far. This weekend, my mom came and visited so I got to do a bunch of things that I probably wont be doing on a regular basis, such as go to Wrigley, eat out, etc. We also went to the Jazz festival which was amazing. The contemporary jazz stage was incredible, and I am definitely going to pursue some of the artist more after finding them there. Basically, it was a weekend to splurge and take advantage of having a parental unit here, and just relax. Oh and I got to stay at the luxurious Hard Rock Hotel, which was awesome, and completely relaxing. Overall it was an amazing weekend, and I thought I would provide some picture to all my avid readers and followers out there.



No comments:

Post a Comment